Saturday, June 18, 2011

Packing at the Hoovler Household

So, there are many things that stress me out.  I'm a class A worrier.  That's a real thing.  But few things stress me out more than packing day in the Hoovler house.  IT'S A MAD HOUSE.  My cousin, Andy, is here for the weekend so he can take us to the airport tomorrow.  He said that his friend Morgan had asked if we might like to go to her house for spaghetti dinner this evening, to which my cousin promptly replied, "Are you KIDDING me?!  They leave for Greece tomorrow morning, they can't leave the house today!!!!!"  


My dad is frantically printing boarding passes, my mom is trying to do dishes, and I'm trying desperately to figure out how to create a blog again, and the phone rings.  So, everyone being occupied, no one really stresses themselves out trying to get to the phone.  But my mom checks the caller ID and says not to worry, it's just an 800 number.  From the office, we hear:  "AN 800 NUMBER?!  ANSWER IT, WHAT IF IT'S THE AIRPORT?!?!"  Uh...... Dad? How ya doin' today?  


Needless to say, stress levels are a bit high here. 


Mama and Daddy's packing zone.  Enter at your own risk.

I, on the other hand, like to call my packing, "Organized Chaos."

She's got the automated airport message cycle on speaker phone and she's in a sea of travel papers.

Yep, it's packing day.




No comments:

Post a Comment